FOR AN DIRECTOR OF STATE KEY LABORATORY OF MOUNTAIN HAZARDS AND ENGINEERING SAFETY, CAS
The Institute of Mountain Hazards and Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IMHE, CAS) invites renowned scientists to apply for the Director of State Key Laboratory of Mountain Hazards and Engineering Safety, CAS (PROPOSED).
About the State Key Laboratory
The State Key Laboratory of Mountain Hazards and Engineering Safety, CAS is aimed at major disaster risk reduction projects in mountain areas, ecological civilization, and the scientific and technological challenges faced by the safe development of "The Belt and Road." Focusing on the process mechanism of mountain hazards, earthquakes, floods, debris flows, landslides, ice avalanches, barrier lakes, droughts, forest fires and other types of natural hazards, the State Key Laboratory is to challenge and tackle the scientific difficulties and technical bottlenecks in mountain disaster risk reduction.
To address the major national needs and accelerate the establishment of the State Key Laboratorys establishment, the State Key Laboratorys director position is now open for recruitment at home and abroad. Experts and scholars in related fields are warmly welcome to apply.
1. To organize the implementation of short-term and long-term strategic laboratory plans.
2. To cultivate and bring in outstanding talents on the international science frontiers and young scientists, optimize the research team structure, and establish a world-class scientific research and innovation team for mountain disaster risk reduction.
3. To organize and undertake major national and local scientific research projects.
4. To strengthen international academic exchanges and collaboration and prompt the laboratory to achieve international recognition.
Who Can Apply:
Applicants should be top scientific and technological talents in the relevant fields: have the competence to lead research to reach or maintain internationally advanced levels in the frontier areas of his/her discipline; have high strategic and international vision; symbolic or representative achievements widely recognized by the scientific community; ability to grasp the major national needs and the development trend of the worlds scientific and technological frontier.
Strategic planning and management abilities and coordination ability. Abide by the laws and regulations of the Peoples Republic of China, have good scientific integrity, and uphold the spirit of scientists in the new era.
Remuneration and Benefits:
1. IMHE shall assist in establishing the research team and provide laboratories, offices and supporting facilities. Specific support will be determined through interview.
2. The salary will be internationally competitive and depend on qualifications and experience. The details will be determined through interview.
3. Assist in settling spouse employment and childrens school enrollment.
Please send the following application materials to the contact E-mail:
2. List of important certificates, papers and other academic achievements and attached supporting documents (PDF Format).
Address: No.189, QunXianNan Street, TianFu New Area, Chengdu, Sichuan P.R. China
Contacts: Human Resources, IMHE, CAS
Coordinator: Mr. DAI and Ms. ZHAO