Call for Technical English Instructors
Academic Year 2023-2024
GTIIT (Guangdong Technion Israel Institute of Technology) is a private university in Shantou, China dedicated to innovative research in engineering, life sciences, technology, and environmental conservation. Established by the Israeli Technion, GTIIT currently has seven programs, all taught in English:
• Chemical/Environmental Engineering
• Biotechnology and Food Engineering
• Material Science Engineering.
• Mechanical Engineering and Robotics
• Mathematics and Computer Science
GTIIT is looking for faculty from the Technion and other academic institutions to fill temporary teaching positions to instruct the following English courses to its students:
1. Scientific English 324031 for the Summer Pre-Academic Program
(Instruction: August 8th -September 22nd, 2023)
2. Technical English 324032 for the Summer Pre-Academic Program
(Instruction: August 8th -September 22nd , 2023)
3. Technical English 324033 (3 credits, 4 weekly hours) for the Fall Semester
(Instruction: October 9th, 2023-January 9th, 2024)
4. Oral and Written Technical Communication in English 324385 (3 credits, 4 weekly hours) for the Spring Semester
(Instruction: February-June 2024)
5. Graduate courses (Winter and Spring semesters)
Teaching is based on materials produced and used by the Humanities and Arts Department of the Technion.
Competitive salary, on-campus housing, relocation expenses, and yearly trips back home for overseas recruits.
If you are interested in teaching one or more groups of any of these courses, please send an e-mail to Miki Steiner (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ). You can also contact Miki for further information on compensation, housing, travel, and work permits.